According to law, Iceland GeoSurvey (ÍSOR), a company owned by the Icelandic state, sells specialized know-how related to the natural world, energy, and natural resources along with counseling and providing service on those issues. Additionally, ÍSOR is one of the world’s main research institutes in the realm of geothermal energy. By law, ÍSOR is intended to compete in the marketplace without official financial contributions but profits from the operation should be spent towards enhancing the research capabilities.
The policy of ÍSOR is to ensure that its customers receive efficient service and reliable advice obtained by the best technology and expertise available. At the same time, the need for protection and improvement of the environment is taken into consideration.
Among other things, this entails that:
- all service provided by ÍSOR is of the highest class.
- all advice, measurements and results provided by ÍSOR are carefully prepared, inspected and corroborated.
- we serve our customers promptly, reliably and in a professional, responsible and fair manner.
- world class staff and specialists are always available.
- ÍSOR conducts research and is actively engaged in international cooperation in order to strengthen the knowledge base of the company.
- ÍSOR is in possession of and maintains instruments and facilities that ensure reliable measurements, and keeps up with developments in measuring techniques.
- ÍSOR fulfills the demands of customers and the authorities for quality, safety and sanitation.
- ÍSOR uses the methods of quality control in as many aspects of its running as feasible according to the ISO-9001:2000 standard and aspires to improve the operation continuously.